Hourglass in general has some of my favorite powders for the face ever! I generally tend to like my skin looking dewy – I very rarely use powder on my face because I think most of them cause my skin to look dull. Until of course, I discovered the Hourglass technology and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this Ambient limited-edition holiday palette. They have patented photoluminescent technology which means their powders give an illusion of even, young and healthy looking skin. This kit in particular, comes with six powders, which is actually a great deal considering their full size individual powders start at $48.00. I want to tell you guys how exactly to use these powders for optimal results:
1. I like to apply Dim Light all over my face after my foundation – this powder gives you such a soft look while hiding imperfections.
2. Next, I apply Diffused Light, which is a finishing powder and will cancel out redness and brighten areas of the face. I recommend to try using this one underneath your eyes, and your T-zone, if needed.
3. Third, I apply Bronze Light. This is exactly what it sounds like…your bronzer, which I like to apply on my cheeks, forehead, contour the sides of my nose and my jawline.
4. There are two blushes: Surrel Halo and Pure Effect…pick one or mix and apply this softly on your cheeks.
5. Lastly is Strobe Light, which is your highlighter! I apply this on the top part of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, my cupids bow and brow bone.
Hope you guys enjoy! Overall, I really like this palette, I think it’s a great deal for how expensive the powders are individually. It’s perfect for traveling and everything you need to brighten, contour and highlight your skin in one palette! The powder from Hourglass that I can’t live without is Dim Light, which is the powder that blurs imperfections and softens the face – it’s my absolute favorite!